Highly responsible work of an administrative nature, coordinating the various phases of construction and development of major capital improvement projects within the City.
Illustrative Examples of Essential Duties:
· Obtains funding for construction of Capital Projects by preparing applications for grants from various Fede ral, State, and County agencies
· Assists in the selection of consulting architects and engine ers to design Capital Projects
· Prepares Commission Memorandums, Resolutions , and Ordina nces
· Creates and updates a departmental sc hedule of construction projects
· Obtains construction permits from Federal, State, County , and City agencies
· Directs and assists in the design of projects, i.e. preparation of construction plans, specifications , an d contracts
· Assists in the public bidding of projects, i.e. conduct pre-bid meetings with potential private contr actors and Architects/Engineers
· P repares project budget
· Identifies sources of funding for a ppropriation and implementation
· Provides construction contract administration and inspection by reviewing and approving contractor payment applications, change orders, budget allocations, construction schedules , and compliance with con tract plans and specifications
· Pe rforms related work as required
· Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, building construct ion, or closely related field
· Three (3) years full-time verifiable experience in the design, construction, and management of major b uilding construction projects and or underground utility.
· Experience can substitute for education on a year-for-year basis