Directs and coordinates the annual capital expenditure projects, and fire and casualty construction activities at properties assigned by the Capital Projects Director. Provides asset preservation and technical support to all CWS Property Operations’ staff at those properties.
- Implements and coordinates policies, programs, and operating procedures and standards as required assuring that property assets are preserved through sound maintenance, construction, and rehabilitation procedures.
- Provide a “second set of eyes” to Investment Managers insuring that complicated capital projects are properly scoped, bid, managed, completed, paid, and reported on all, in a timely fashion. The Capital Projects Manager is the Investment Manager’s resource, in terms of Capital Projects.
- Working with the Capital Projects Director and CWS Property Operations, prepares annual capital replacement budgets and reviews those budgets with the Regional Director and Investment Manager.
- Attends all Capx Walks in preparation for annual budgets. Receives bids in a timely fashion to input estimated cost for agreed upon work in the budgets prior to Budget Camps.
- Prepares project plans for Capital Expenditure Projects, and fire and casualty construction projects describing scheduling, procedures, staffing and funding requirements, and annual budget conformance for submittal to the Capital Projects Director.
- Prepares scopes of work and obtains bids for Capital Expenditure Projects, and fire and casualty construction projects.
- Prepares bid compilations and routes them for approval to Investment Managers to proceed.
- Prepares contract documents and construction contracts for submittal to the Capital Projects Director.
- Coordinates, oversees, and monitors project activities to assure that projects are completed within prescribed schedules and budgets, in compliance with CWS policies and procedures, and in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. Notable here, is that all contractors have gone through Compliance Depot.
- Periodically inspects general contractors’ and subcontractors’ work-in-progress to ensure that it conforms to quality specifications and schedule requirements.
- Coordinates, monitors, and accounts for CWS direct labor renovation crew activities, including scheduling, payroll compilation, licensing and permitting, and conformance to budget.
- Prepares monthly reports for Capital Expenditure Projects, and fire and casualty loss work to confirm operational and financial performance of construction activities (status of budget, schedule, and performance) and compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Scopes, bids, and prepares property service contracts when requested
- Works with the Capital Projects Director, Investment Managers, consultants, contractors, and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Working with the Capital Projects Director, trains on-site maintenance personnel in preventative maintenance practices, contract administration, construction basics, regulatory issues affecting property operations, and general technical knowledge in such areas as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, pool care, appliance repair, landscaping and pest control.
- Prepares property evaluations. (5- and 10-year needs assessments, and acquisition due diligence reports) on an as-requested basis.
- Performs annual property inspections and reports.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with regulatory agencies, mortgagees, equity partners, and other CWS departments.
- Assists the Regional Directors in coordinating SWAT construction activities with Property Operations and other CWS departments as necessary.
- Responsible for maintenance of project records and files.
- Seeks educational and self-improvement opportunities to promote his or her professional growth and development.
- Other duties as assigned by the Capital Projects Director, Investment Managers and/or Operations.
- High School diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of management procedures, budgeting, training, and program implementation.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Five or more years of experience in building construction/maintenance, and/or real estate operations.
- Multi-family property experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to adhere to company policies, procedures and practices
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to professionally interact with others
- Own a valid driver’s license with good driving record and current automobile insurance
- Supervisory/managerial skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Project Ability to travel 50% or more; Air travel is frequent
CWS Apartment Homes
- 3 years ago - save job