Perform financial analysis and information gathering and review for Capital Transactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Work products should be high quality with tasks performed in an accurate, complete and timely manner. Analyses should be thorough, well supported, and demonstrate an understanding of the business.
· Review and extract information from broker marketing books and assist in analyzing potential investments – includes performing market analysis (profile economic and demographic trends, review absorption rates, pro-forma rates of return, and evaluate market competition) and financial analysis using Argus and Excel programs.
· Perform due diligence including lease review and tenant mix, suitability and cost of construction, rental rates and expenses, and financial conditions of tenants.
· Complete accurate and thorough worksheets, reports, briefs, and proposals within agreed upon timeframes including but not limited to weekly Capital Transactions Summary, Loan Map and Interest Rate Calendar, and Capital Transactions Deal Pipeline Summary, if applicable.
· May participate in special projects, e.g. coordinating information for investors.
· Assist with the analysis and preparation of investor reporting for quarterly reports and annual meeting materials.
· Maintain base case ARGUS models, including review of lease data as input by third-party vendor.
· Perform analysis to support decision-making regarding the profitability and capital structure of properties and funds during the asset’s holding period.
· Run Argus/Excel modeling as requested, and provide associated analytical work.
· Present a positive image of Capital Transactions and Shorenstein inside and outside the company.
· Departmental Data Steward (as assigned) – act as a bridge between the Data Governance Manager and Capital Transactions; single point of contact for questions and issues that arise regarding data in Capital Transactions; maintain detailed knowledge of Capital Transactions business processes and requirements; exercise authority and compel individuals within Capital Transactions to adhere to data governance standards and processes.
· Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers by:
o Building positive relationships with customers
o Taking initiative to identify customer needs and provide service that meets or exceeds customer expectations
o Communicating effectively in person as well as via telephone and email.
o Resolving difficult situations through the use of effective problem-solving skills
Location/Position Specific Responsibilities: None
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
· Demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of deals using financial modeling techniques.
· Demonstrated ability to consistently produce high quality work under tight time frames.
· Demonstrated ability to present ideas, instructions and information effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrated ability to effectively share information to keep others informed using appropriate communication methods.
· Demonstrated ability to provide thorough analyses supported by numbers and facts.
· Demonstrated ability to find, access, evaluate and use information.
· Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and documents, legal documents and governmental regulations.
· Demonstrated ability to define problems, to collect data, to establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of information including information in technical and/ or mathematical form, and deal with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve problems that balance multiple needs and interests.
· Demonstrated ability to express opinions and feedback in a clear and constructive manner.
· Demonstrated ability to respond to changing and sometimes ambiguous situations.
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Proficiency or the aptitude to develop proficiency in complex financial modeling software programs. ARGUS experience highly desirable.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to conclusion within agreed upon deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to choose among alternatives when completing work. Work is periodically reviewed by management at key intervals for advice/guidance prior to completion.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) with emphasis in Finance or Economics from a four-year college or university.
· 6 months to 2 years experience in investment real estate preferred, with experience in secured and unsecured real estate finance or related work experience in investment business highly desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee works in an office environment.
· Travel may be required up to 5% of time on the job.
Shorenstein - 10 months ago