Community Education Centers (CEC), is a leading provider of correctional services throughout the United States. Join a dynamic team that provides offender management to males and females from local, state, and federal jurisdictions, including U.S. Marshal Service, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement
The Captain , at the direction of the Chief of Security and Assistant Warden, is responsible for managing, planning, organizing and directing all security activities of the facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
procedures and practices.
- Reports to the Chief of Security
- Has a direct supervisory responsibility over correctional officers ensuring that all facility policies,
Organizes and conducts inspections and searches of inmates and their living and work areas
- Supervise resident movement
- Maintain accurate population count
- Coordinate transportation of residents
- Coordinate all reception and discharge activity
- Crisis intervention
- Ensure timely delivery and effectiveness of safety, security and housekeeping services
- Orientation of new employees within assigned departments
- Makes inspections of buildings and grounds for security, safety, fire hazards, and contraband.
and procedures are being properly followed
- Reviews staff effectiveness and conducts frequent physical inspections of facility to ensure policies
remands from other agencies
- Prepares records and reports as assigned
- Maintains and monitors logs and verifies inmate counts
- Enforces all laws, rules regulations and policy directive
- Promotes and supports facility cleanliness. Coordinates inmate work details
- Coordinates with other law enforcement agencies the movement of inmates. Inspects and clears all
Security as needed
- Handles disciplinary, disturbances, and shift activity reports and forwards them to the Chief of
- Performs other related duties as assigned
At least three years correctional experience in which at least one year of responsibility consisted of direct supervision over inmates.
Must be mature, flexible and empathetic to the total needs of inmates and be able to command respect of both staff and inmates. Must possess a high school diploma or general equivalency degree.
Must be able to pass a Federal background check. Must be a US Citizen.
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k). To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.