Lead cross-functional projects that are at the heart of what we do here at STG.
The Capture Manager is a critical business position charged with qualifying new business opportunities and driving a qualified business opportunity to a winning proposal that generates revenue for the company. As Capture Manager for our Civil Sector, you will lead capture activities through making cogent and timely decisions related to the targeted opportunity, including: getting the capture team resourced, determining strategies, teaming and partnering, solution alternatives, and managing the customer relationship.
You will responsible for stakeholder management and keeping the Business Leadership Team informed and engaged. Prepare for and organize the bid approval process and proposal development process. The Capture Manager for our Civil Sector is responsible for all aspects of the pursuit and proposal process, including the development of technical solutions, management solutions, and cost elements. This position requires close collaboration with:
- Sector/Division Vice Presidents, Directors/Managers, and/or Program Managers to establish a profitable and executable solution set
- Proposal Managers to develop a compelling and compliant proposal.
- HR and Recruiting Staff to ensure compliance with HR guidelines
- Contracts staff to ensure that all necessary terms, conditions, and contractual provisions of the proposal are compliant and to ensure that teaming and sub-contractor agreements are in place.
- Financial or operations staff to build cost and pricing models and proposals
The Capture Manager (Civilian Sector) is authorized and expected to escalate issues needing resolution in order to capture new business.
- Leads the development and execution of winning strategies, including strategic win themes, marketing campaigns and call plans, customer analysis, competitive analysis, solution gap analysis, and the recruiting and selection of teaming partners
- Manages the development of the winning offering and solution sets, including price-to-win targets, schedule, technical, management, past performance, etc.
- Prepares for and organizes all aspects of the bid approval process. When necessary, tailors these processes to fit the opportunity in line with specified process parameters.
- Manages Capture Team activities from Pursuit Decision Stage through Post-Submittal Stage, working in partnership with the leadership team and other stakeholders
- Oversees development of the Price-To-Win, based on in-depth knowledge of Competitor activity and Customer requirements/funding, within parameters of STG pricing policies.
- Communicates win strategies, Customer and Competitor status to all stakeholders, including teaming partners.
- Develops and maintains the Capture Plan through completion of the opportunity pursuit.
- Manages communications and relationships with partners and subcontractors, coordinates customer communications and relationships with Business Development.
- Determines staffing needs and priorities of Capture Team and leads the selection of reviewers for Team Reviews.
- Develops and manages the B&P budget and adjusts the budget over time as circumstances change.
- In collaboration with Business Development recommends and justifies company investment, and B&P to position to win new business.
- Manages marketing campaigns according to the strategy.
- Supports creation of White Papers and Strategic Briefings in route to positioning to win new business.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of modern Capture management and Proposal development requirements and processes.
- Carefully executes the Business Acquisition Process, completing the relevant reviews and other required activities on schedule.
- Assures quality of deliverables
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully lead cross-functional Capture and Proposal teams without possessing direct reporting authority.
- Demonstrates the ability to get results through self-initiative and to exercise sound business judgment in decision making and reporting to senior leadership.
BS/BA in Marketing or a related field (e.g., Business Administration, etc)+12 years of related experience
The Capture Manager (Civilian Sector) must display an extremely high level of communication skills to present, inform, and persuade high level internal and external customers of the company's understanding of customer needs and requirements, business development and capture plans, strategies and actions. A very substantial level of innovation to develop strategies to capture new business and develop competitive advantage by generating new, moderately complex persuasive marketing approaches to ensure existing concepts remain sold to the customer and new concepts are accepted by the customer.
Federal Government experience
STG, Inc. - 18 months ago
Performance-Oriented Solutions Around the Globe
In a world where change happens in the blink of an eye, it is more important than ever that...