Safely repair rail cars according to AAR, FRA, and Holland Company guidelines.
- Perform rail-car inspections and repairs in compliance with AAR, FRA, and Holland company standards
- Perform work in safe and efficient manner
- Participate in meeting objectives for safety, quality and profitability
- Follow all company and applicable railroad policies and procedures
- Maintain good housekeeping of equipment and site
- Assist in maintaining inventories of rail-car parts
- Conduct preventive maintenance and repair of equipment as required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willingness to wear PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed boots) as needed
- Shop environment including assembly, welding, overhead cranes and fork trucks.
- Work in all weather conditions
- Dusty, smoky, damp, dark
Wage Type: Hourly
- High school degree or equivalent
- Ability to complete 54 Railway Education Bureau lessons.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members. Team player
- Proficient in welding and cutting torch usage.
- Valid driver’s license, CDL preferred with medical certificate
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of railroad industry
- Equipment experience a plus (Forklift, Skidsteer, Front end loader)
- Successfully complete drug screen and background check.