Cardiovascular Tech I
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
Cardiac Cath Lab
High School graduate or equivalent required
Under the supervision of the Coordinator. With supervision, assists with all non-invasive and invasive diagnostic and interventional cath, pacer, and EP procedures. Able to meet all performance standards in scrub, monitor, and circulating assist positions. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of CRMC and department/service.
2. Scrub assistant to the physician. Sets up and maintains the sterile field as well as arterial and venous lines. Positions patient while under the radiation beam to visualize cardiac anatomy, assists in catheter/wire manipulation, injects coronary arteries for the visualization of cardiac anatomy.
3. Maintains proper documentation on cardiac cath lab forms within the scope of practice. Safely transports patients to and from the cath lab. Verifies proper patient preparation pre-procedure. Performs arterial/venous sheath removal. Able to operate and troubleshoot cath lab procedural equipment. Works under the supervision of an RN at all times.
4. Monitors patients throughout non-invasive and invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures. Responsible for identifying changes in patient’s rhythm and hemodynamic status. Responsible for accurate and thorough data collection, measurement and calculations. Performs angiographic analysis.
5. Operates x-ray equipment, balancing quality imaging with radiation safety. Able to function independently with hemodynamic monitoring equipment which includes operations, troubleshooting and calibration. Completes patient charges. May be responsible to communicate with nursing units, OR and patient’s families but only as directed under the supervision of MD and RN. Responsible for documentation of any equipment problems during the procedure and contact appropriate repair service.
6. Informs management of any unusual concerns, situations or conditions relative to staff, patients and physicians.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written.
· Establish and maintain relationships conducive to collaborative team approach.
· Accurately assess and record patient hemodynamic information.
· Knowledge of all cardiovascular procedural equipment and ability to troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
· Knowledge of radiologic equipment and radiation safety.
· Functions at a high level of competency under the supervision of RN/MD.
· Certification from an RTI, EMT, or scrub tech program
· Completion of CV Program
· CPR and ACLS
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 18 months ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...