Reports to the Director of Case Management and is responsible for checking insurance benefits, eligibility and pre-cert requirements. Assists the Case Managers and Social Workers with clerical tasks associated with discharge planning/case management/utilization review functions. Performs a wide variety of keyboarding, faxing, photocopying and telephonic functions.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Some college coursework preferred.
- Some knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding preferred.
Minimum Licensure/Certification/Registration Requirements
- Experience with insurance carrier pre-certification requirements preferred.
- Minimum of one-year recent experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- *Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amounts of force constantly (2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Constantly (67 – 100%): Computer Usage
- Frequently (34 – 66%): Walking and Sitting
- Occasionally (1 – 33%): Climbing Stairs, Kneeling/Squatting, Reaching, and Twisting
- Rarely (< 1%): Bending/Stooping, Climbing Ladder and Crawling
- Will frequently carry up to 10 lbs and rarely carry above 11 lbs
- Will frequently lift up to 10 lbs and rarely lift above 11 lbs
- Will rarely pull 10 lbs and up to 100+ lbs
- Will rarely push 10 lbs and up to 100+ lbs
Bloomington Hospital is dedicated to serving the entire community. We recognize that some of our patients may need assistance when...