CareMore is looking for dynamic individuals to join our team! CareMore is a leading healthcare system specializing in providing a complete, pro-active health care experience to Senior Americans. CareMore strongly believes in our innovative and caring vision to lead the next generation of health care and we look for candidates that share in our passion. As a leader in senior healthcare for over 20 years, our vision is to significantly improve the lives of Medicare recipients by employing a dedicated staff of professionals who are passionate about changing lives. When you join CareMore, we’ll give you every opportunity to make a real difference. Be More with CareMore.
The CareMore Accountant applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Compiles and analyzes financial information and prepares journal entries to general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
2. Performs monthly bank reconciliations, including investigation of exceptions.
3. Performs deposits and applies cash posting to general ledger. Performs stop payments and voids as needed.
4. Performs and assists in other monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
5. Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
6. Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
7. Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
8. Determines proper handling of financial transactions.
9. Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and complies with Company policies and procedures.
10. Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
11. Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
12. Other projects as requested by management.
1. Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree, with an emphasis in accounting or finance. Minimum of Three years or more of experience in related field of accounting.
2. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
3. Other Excellent communication and reasoning skills.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
- Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
program can be found in My HR.
Similar Job Postings
Financial Consultant Sr...
NGS Finance Business Ma...
NGS Financial/Account O...
Manager NGS Accounting ...
Provider Audit and Reim...
WellPoint - 15 months ago
WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company is an...