Please note this position is located in Beaumont, TX
Position Summary : (Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but not required)
Reports to the supervisor, career transition services (CTS). Responsible for providing students with individual career transition services, in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) directives.
1. Guide, direct and mentor career advisors in the deliverance of career transition services to CTS eligible terminees.
2. Assist assigned career advisors in developing individual career selection and assess graduate workplace readiness.
3. Provide labor market information on geographic areas of interest of graduates.
4. Participate in job development committee assessments.
5. Provide referral or post separation services as needed.
6. Maintain program linkages with DOL, national, state and local agencies to provide career transition services to graduates.
7. Monitor and document job placement follow-up on CTS eligible students.
8. Assess student employee employability skill levels; assess job readiness and transition issues prior to separation; and provide individual employment plans.
9. Identify potential jobs, schools, military or other training program for separating graduates.
10. Compile required data from respective areas in order to update graduates resumes and placement documents for submission to career advisors, CTS contracts and employers.
11. Coordinate and maintain communication with other departments pertaining to student career transition.
12. Maintain in-dept knowledge and understanding of center reports that impact placement; i.e. OMS 10 & 20 reports as well as the CTS, center information system (CIS) automated programs.
13. Conduct job development of the center’s career transition plan.
14. Assist in the development of the center’s career transition plan.
15. Analyze graduate records to determine accomplishments, attendance, job ethics, personal appearance, graduation requirements and employability advantages.
16. Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers.
17. Participate in student employability programs and activities and promote employability skills.
18. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
19. Promote the development for Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
20. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
21. Maintain and update the performance of individual staff and team.
22. Maintain individual graduate files, ensuring file meets National, Regional and MTC expectations.
23. Develop mean/off-center programs to promote graduate placement job retention and advancement.
24. Transport graduates to social service agencies, one-stop facilities and employment interviews as needed.
25. Assist with job development for team.
26. Skills and Knowledge in:
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Data Entry
- Internet search skills
- Math, specifically percentage calculations
- Local Resources
Education and Experience Requirements :
Bachelor’s degree and one year related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation - 10 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...