This position is responsible for providing career counseling and job search support to prospects, learners and alumni in an assigned School(s) to help them successfully develop and reach career goals within a positive, supportive environment.
- Provide distance career counseling support for prospects, learners and alumni. Typical topics include, but are not limited to: clarification of career goals; teaching job search strategies; discussing career enhancement strategies; reviewing resumes, CVs and cover letters; degree/specialization choice; and planning for further graduate study.
- Serve as a proactive liaison with the faculty and staff to integrate career development and planning information and activities into the curriculum, provide career outcomes data, and work to creatively meet the changing career needs of learners. This liaison role will emphasize outreach to key staff and faculty to form partnerships to aid the career development of learners.
- Teach and facilitate career webinars (via WebEx) and career seminars (via Capella courseroom).
- Create career related content and guidance for use in the Career Center on iGuide and for distribution via other channels (e.g. Twitter, .pdfs for ECs, YouTube).
- Build relationships with employers to encourage posting career opportunities for learners and alumni within Career Link system.
- Provide troubleshooting and support for users of Career Link.
- Create and update
What Can I Do with a Degree In?
- Participate in Commencement activities as appropriate.
- Use PeopleSoft/CRM system to track and report prospect, learner, and alumni interactions.
- May perform other duties as apparent or assigned as the career services area develops and grows.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Counseling or related field required.
- Experience: 2 + years experience with strong accomplishments in career services required; 4+ years preferred.
- Background in counseling and advising adult learners preferred.
- Seeking high-energy performers with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to coordinate projects.
- Experience working in an online learning environment preferred, and web content management a plus.
- Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to a fast-paced for-profit educational environment desired with ability to learn new technology.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
For priority consideration please apply on or before January 18th, 2013.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 2 years ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...