PROGRAM: Youth Works
GRADE: A/B 19
OBJECTIVE: Counsel clients in establishing education and
occupational goals, on available education and training
opportunities and on developing vocational or
educational plans. Assesses individual capabilities and
education needs. Provides information and planning
services concerning available options, resources, and
methods for meeting educational and vocational goals.
Develops job opportunities for clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Provide educational and vocational testing and
- Select, administer and interpret tests to give program
participants information on their vocational aptitudes
and interests, and their educational strengths and
- Analyze result of vocational assessments to determine
most appropriate job placement.
- Counsel participants in establishing career goals, on
available educational and training opportunities, and on
making appropriate plans.
- Assist participants in selecting courses and
completing application and registration procedures; and
may teach courses in such areas as adult basic
- Develop new job sites and support existing job sites
that are compatible with the program mission; cold-call
prospective job placement sites.
- Administer age-appropriate aptitude and interest
- Prepare individualized career plans for program
- Perform case management activities.
- Provide training in job readiness skills.
- Generate program reports that meet funder's
- Complete case documentation.
- Attend relevant community meetings.
- Monitor participant's progress toward meeting his/her
vocational goal; visit each job site.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be
exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves
the right to revise this job description as needed to
comply with actual job requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS: All degrees must be from an accredited
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Two years' experience working with youth aged 14-21
- Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire
- DJJ or foster experience
- Cold-call experience
- Familiarity with standard vocational assessments
- Knowledge of job market
- Effective oral and written communication skills,
including group presentation skills
- Ability to travel locally
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform
all essential functions
NEEDED: sitting, standing, walking, driving
PREFERRED: repetitive motions
Supervised by: Program Director