Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company that is the leading operator of Job Corps centers in the United States.
Job Corps is a national residential training and employment program administered by the Department of Labor to address the multiple barriers to employment faced by disadvantaged youth throughout the United States. At Jacksonville Job Corps Center , we support the Job Corps program's mission of teaching eligible young people the skills they need to become employable and independent and placing them in meaningful jobs or further education.
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com .
CAREER DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
This position is responsible for determining student qualifications for career transition conducting transitional activities, placement follow up and assisting with work-based learning experience, in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and MTC directives. Among other duties, this position will:
- Maintain relationships with DOL, employers, national, state and local agencies to provide transitional services.
- Assist in identifying transition resources and identify potential jobs, schools, military or other training program for separating students; maintain follow up on separating students.
- Coordinate with other center departments and off center resources to provide employability development information to students.
- Assist students with resume development, interviewing skills, and effective job search strategies.
- Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers.
- Model appropriate behaviors, mentor students where necessary and monitor both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
Bachelor's degree or four years experience working with youth. One year experience in sales, marketing or counseling related services. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer.
Management & Training Corporation - 18 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...