Career Representative I
About Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a robust company committed to changing students’ lives and doing the right thing, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is the place for you. As one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America, we are on the cutting-edge of the industry and forging ahead into a new era of leadership, growth and innovation. We currently operate more than 100 campuses through Everest College, WyoTech and Heald College and are dedicated to delivering on the promise to our students. At CCi you’ll work with impassioned employees and have the support you need to make great things possible.
General Job Description:
You’re knowledgeable about the job application process and your communication skills are stellar. Working at one of our top-notch campuses, you’ll use your talents to assist our students in finding the right career fit. You’ll be a coach and counselor for our students, teaching them valuable job search and placement skills, while partnering with employers in the community to build strong relationships and a viable job bank. You’ll develop and facilitate campus workshops, orientations, and other activities to support student development, and you’ll also have a chance to partner with other departments and faculty on campus to identify gaps in training, ensure the development of specific skill sets, and assist our students in all phases of job development. You will make a difference in the lives of many.
- Effectively oversee a portfolio of 90-130 students through their academic lifespan to ensure a high level of successful placement outcomes and meet the overall mission of CCi education programs
- Assess students at the beginning of their program to establish necessary coaching needs, providing 4-11 hours of individual coaching per student, which includes resume writing and prepping students for interviews
- Conduct an introductory meeting with each student in portfolio and at least 24 quick check-ins per student; higher-need students require at least twenty 20-minute meetings and 36 quick check-ins
- Develop relationships with students in your portfolio and extend to a broader base of students, providing on-going coaching to improve skills for employability for externship and after graduation
- Partner with Externship Administrator and Account Representative to ensure students have externship sites identified prior to externship need, all paperwork is completed in a timely manner to meet accreditation standards, and students are placed based on skill sets and employer needs
- Participate in the delivery of the Inspire! training program and supplementary career training
- Collaborate with others to determine supplementary career preparation needs and partner with management to develop and deliver them
- Build a strong interdepartmental team including faculty, Student Services, and other campus departments to assess where the gaps are between students and placement opportunities
- Work with faculty to ensure identified skill deficiencies are addressed
- Use time effectively to balance student meetings with departmental requirements and to help others develop skill sets
- Develop resourceful solutions to achieve results and help others to solve problems
- Responsible for graduate survey
- Maintain a placement rate of at least 85%, an attrition rate of 5% or better, an extern-to-hire rate of 50% or more, and high student-satisfaction ratings at all times
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to demonstrate both written and verbal persuasiveness
- Knowledge of job application process, interview procedures, and resume writing
- Fluent in social networking and other high-tech communication paths
- Ability to motivate and influence change with an appropriate level of persistence
- Prior sales and career services experience strongly preferred
- Ideal candidates will have a nurturing demeanor and be meticulous, detail-oriented, organized, and possess good time management skills
Corinthian Colleges - 19 months ago
Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students as of June...