This position services the North Eastern part of Arkansas in the Jonesboro, Paragould and surrounding areas.
Summary Description: This position's primary responsibilities are to educate eligible Goodwill participants and clients in skills necessary to secure competitive employment. Position works to ensure continuous partnerships between Goodwill, other workforce partners, and the business community by obtaining job leads for the agency. This position is responsible for providing opportunities for job placements for all possible Goodwill referrals, including but not limited to persons with physical and mental disabilities, persons with mental illness, ex-offenders, and others with significant disadvantages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Facilitate or directly provide placement assistance services to job seekers to include intake, assessment, and vocational guidance, referrals to supportive service, job-search assistance, job referrals and placement. This duty is performed daily, about 50% of the time.
2. Establish relationships and maintain contact with employers to promote employment and/or On-The-Job training or Apprenticeship for eligible job seekers. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
3. Develop opportunities with the State Approving Agency, labor unions and Apprenticeship committees to promote training of job seekers. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Ensure client documentation is completed timely, appropriate according to individualized plans, verified by signatures as well as accurate and in compliance with all state and federal guidelines. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
5. Teach work readiness skills in one-on-one and group settings. This duty is performed weekly, about 15% of the time.
6. Provide supervision to ensure participant safety and adherence to programs. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
7. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications: •3-5 years direct sales experience. •Willingness to learn and respect the needs of persons with mental illness or a disability. •Knowledge of local market trends and economic trends and growing industries. •Adhere to client privacy rights and HIPPA requirements. •Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. •Ability to successfully complete identified training and/or meetings as required (i.e. State and local Chambers of Commerce). •Demonstrated ability to speak effectively before groups and to represent the organization and Center for business development. •Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel). •Ability to travel within Goodwill's designated region as required.
ATTENTION ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS:
- Applications will only be considered when submitted directly to Goodwill Industries of Arkansas.
- Visit www.GoodwillAR.org . to apply for this position. CLICK on the "WORK AT GOODWILL" link at the top of the page, CLICK on the current job opening you want to apply for and complete your application to be considered.
Goodwill Industries of Arkansas - 30+ days ago