U.S. News & World Report’|
s Money team seeks an energetic Web editor to manage the editorial content for the Careers section . Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to, writing weekly stories and slideshows on careers topics that range from human resources, job hunting, resumes, interviewing, networking, corporate culture and productivity. U.S. News’ Careers editor also oversees the day-to-day editing and publishing of the On Careers blog and engages with followers on various social media outlets. He or she would also assist with rankings projects.
- Writing and editing career-focused advice content for the U.S. News Careers section.
- Assisting in the selection and supervision of site contributors.
- Social media management for U.S. News Careers’ Facebook and Twitter accounts, as well as the main U.S. News social media accounts, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and 401 (k) plans.
- Curiosity and passion for a diverse range of topics, especially careers topics like human resources, job hunting, resumes, interviewing, networking, corporate culture and productivity.
- Proven experience writing and editing, as well as with Web production and social media management.
- Up-to-date knowledge on Internet publishing and metrics, with an acute understanding of SEO.
- General understanding and knowledge of U.S. News rankings projects, including Best Jobs.
- Fine-tuned editorial judgment and proficiency writing and editing in AP style.
- Ease using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel or equivalent software.
- Must be dexterous writing, editing and publishing within a content management system. Familiarity with HTML/CSS and Web production is also a plus.
- Deadline-focused, with the ability to juggle and self-motivate for multiple tasks and projects.
- Exemplary communication, critical thinking and organization skills.
- At least 2 to 3 years working in journalism or content creation for the Web.
- A college degree or the certification training equivalent.
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé and 3 published writing samples. Please email all materials as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Careers Editor” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
U.S. News & World Report - 30+ days ago
Founded in 1933, the weekly national news magazine U.S.News & World Report is devoted to reporting and to analyzing national and...