PURPOSE : Provides monitoring, structure, and support in a residential setting for seniors with mental health issues at the Older Adult Foster Home (Kendall). Position provides weekend and overnight staffing and oversight reporting any problems that occur to clinical staff.
DAYS/HOURS: The shift for this position begins 7:00 am on Fridays until 7:00 am on Sundays. This is a part-time position at 32 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide a safe and secure environment for clients.
- Provides behavioral interventions and skill training to clients as defined in the treatment plan. Encourages clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships. Guides clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living including eating, bathing, dressing, toileting and grooming, alone or with assistance; observing patients’ conditions, measuring and recording food and liquid intake/output, vital signs and reporting changes to professional staff; feeding clients who are unable to feed themselves; providing help walking and exercising.
- Administers medications as prescribed and documenting as required.
- Respond to medical issues and concerns promptly, including the accurate dispensation of medications, basic first aid, and referring clients for medical evaluation and care.
- Light office work and housekeeping duties including meal preparation.
- Provide basic crisis response to clients experiencing physical or emotional crises, including consulting with clinical staff, notifying emergency responders when needed, etc.
- Provide support and assistance during site emergencies (inclement weather, earthquakes, fire, etc), following site policies and procedures.
- Document and maintain client records to ensure compliance with LifeWorks NW and contractual guidelines. Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment.
- Check e-mail/voice mail daily/throughout the day when working responding to within appropriate timeframes.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Meets standards for documentation and accuracy of work.
- Meets standards for client care, quality/customer service, attendance/punctuality and teamwork.
- Maintains a consistent, therapeutic milieu for clients.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings.
- Two plus years prior experience working with older adults and/or adults with mental illness.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- The ability to make decisions quickly and remain calm and be flexible.
- Ability to establish and maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries with the clients.
- Basic computer skills including keyboarding, use of mouse, ability to navigate website and use common web browser.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Requires ability to work evenings, weekends and overnight shifts.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries both on and offsite.
LifeWorks NW - 12 months ago