Under general supervision, investigates, evaluates, and adjusts claims for lost and/or damaged cargo. Performs other claims adjusting functions and projects for the Cargo Claims department.
• Evaluates and settles household goods and non-household goods claims up to a specified dollar amount for all lines of business.
• Evaluates claims for reasonableness, necessary action, liability, and compliance with federal regulations, operating tariffs, contract provisions, claims policies, and standard claim practices and procedures.
• Investigates and gathers information necessary to allocate settlement to the responsible parties.
• Performs extensive communication with agents, shipping customers, military offices, installations, government bureaus, national account contacts, and Headquarters personnel.
• Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Associates degree in Business Administration or related field.
• Two or more years of business experience.
• Ability to perform arithmetical operations and verify mathematical calculations.
• Ability to meet deadlines and production standards in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Highly effective analytical, decision-making, and written/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
• Highly organized and able to set priorities.
• Willing and able to work overtime when necessary to meet operating and business requirements.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
Experience in claims adjusting.
UniGroup, Inc. - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard