Screen cargo in compliance with the guidelines set forth by TSA. Demonstrate and abide by Andy Frain Services Core Values and the operating principles set forth, while maintaining 100% compliance w/all cargo screening training. Observe and report activities and incidents providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
Security Guards/Officers must possess and maintain a professional image and must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
Essential functions may vary depending on department size, organizational structure and/or geographic location. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job. Other duties, not listed below, may also be assigned.
The delivery of quality service and positive interaction with our customers is critical to the completion of all the tasks within this job description. The ability to greet all visitors, vendors, and employees; while continuously maintaining the standards of excellence in presentation and professionalism.
Screen cargo following TSA Guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to Physical Inspection, X-Ray and other electronic equipment.
Guard and patrol physical property; monitor system response; orient and monitor personnel working in high risk areas; and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
Process report for the Security Supervisor and/or Dir of Sec., identifying areas of concern in weekly and daily reports.
Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations; respond immediately to emergency alarms or calls for help, determine course of action, notify appropriate authorities and assist as needed.
Develop and recommend new procedures and approaches to safety and loss prevention based on reports of incidents, accidents, and other relevant information.
Be proactive in obtaining information in regards to post orders, revisions, and daily event needs, (i.e. parking list, and access changes).
Implement security/safety improvements that benefit the company’s assets, visitors, tenants, and employees as directed.
Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
These functions are not limited to these listed and may be expanded upon at any time, however it will be mutually agreed upon.
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent; Associates Degree; Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- US Citizen or lawful permanent resident, green card is acceptable
- State Guard license is required.
- 10-year resident
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- CPR and First Aid Certification a plus.
- Constant and dedicated vigilance.
- Attention to detail.
- Security, warehouse and/or aviation experience is a plus.
- Strong customer service orientation, exemplifying our Mission Statement.
- Ability to be a hands-on, results oriented employee, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to facilitate progressive change, getting along with other employees, following directions and continually improving.
- Evidence of ability to work autonomously using sound judgment working in a team oriented management environment.
- Work with a sense of urgency when given project deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work variable hours.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other
customers. Pushing/pulling/carrying lifting may include up to 50 lbs, stair climbing. Normal vision or corrected by use of glasses and/or contacts for normal reading and viewing abilities.