Journeyman Carpenter (Commercial Construction / Skilled Trades)
Job Requirements - Journeyman Carpenter
Simply put, Tradesmen International is not a temp agency and don't just hire anyone. In fact, we're highly selective, committed to hiring only those Carpenters that are highly skilled in their trade with unwavering reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to be the best.
- 2 years of experience in commercial carpentry
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications required by our client for information pertaining to the type of material required to get job done
- Experience working with equipment such as: boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Drug free at all times
Travel Required: N
Job Description - Journeyman Carpenter
As a Journeyman Carpenter you will construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, metal studs, and drywall using carpenter's hand tools and power tools making sure to conform to local building codes.
Benefits - Journeyman Carpenter
- Installing foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials
- Fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenters level, plumb bob, and laser levels
- Erecting scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels
- Studying specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws
- Following established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Building or repairing cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools
- Assembling and fastening materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue
- Removing damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools
- Inspecting ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Company Overview - Journeyman Carpenter
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision plan
- Prescription drug plan
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
- Incentive programs
- Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International, America's elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced Commercial Carpenters to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled construction carpenters that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America. If you are a Journeyman Carpenter with at least 2 years of experience this is your chance to advance your career!
Tradesmen International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Tradesmen International - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Arkansas Military Department
North Little Rock, AR
State of Arkansas
- 4 days ago
Arkansas Building Authority
Little Rock, AR
State of Arkansas
- 18 days ago
Tradesmen International is the construction industry's leading employer of skilled craftsmen. We're proud to showcase craft professional...