The Carpenter is responsible for performing the full range of journey-level carpentry work from rough framing to finish carpentry. This position is skilled in all phases of woodworking and capable of executing material take-offs, estimate material needs, pour and form concrete, hang and finish sheetrock, install carpet, and apply various types of paint. The Carpenter supervises and coordinates the work of apprentice carpenters and other crew members.
- Review and interpret blueprints, sketches, and work orders to determine materials and equipment required for assigned work.
- Hang and finish sheetrock.
- Frame walls, footings, columns, shelves, and stairs.
- Install dry wall, wood, paneling, siding, and other prefabricated materials.
- Install glass, ceiling tile, windows, and doors.
- Glazing experience is preferred.
- Mark, cut, and shape materials to prescribed measurements.
- Use woodworking tools, power tools, and perform basic joinery techniques.
- Fit, install, and maintain finished hardware such as locks and kick plates.
- Prepare reports and conduct safety audits as required.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of apprentice carpenters and other crew members.
- Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures.
- Must be familiar and able to operate Scissor Lift, JLG, Aerial Man Basket type of equipment and comfortable working from heights.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Support AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations.
- The work schedule is a 3 week on and 3 week off rotation.
- Be able to work in an Arctic Environment.
Minimum Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of four years related experience or training required.
All applicants must hold a valid drivers License.
All applicants must meet the following AES Driver Licenses and Records policy.
The availability of this position is contingent upon the Companys continued operational needs once training is completed.
Arctic Slope Regional Corporation
- 21 months ago - save job
Alaska's slippery slopes have led to financial success for ASRC Energy Services. A subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corp., ASRC...