Lewis-Clark State College is seeking
a skilled, energetic, and motivated professional to join their team.
- Perform rough and finish carpentry including building additions and remodels, cabinets, and specialty wood products.
- Plan and design jobs after consulting with people needing the work accomplished and estimating costs of materials and labor.
- Install door jambs and hang metal and wood doors and rebuild and reinforce door frames to accommodate new and specialized hardware.
- Hang and finish drywall; replace railings, hand rails, stair treads, nosings and gratings; and build platforms, podiums, partitions, ramps, and fences.
- Coordinates with other staff and/or contractors regarding the scheduling of work.
- Repair, clean, lubricate, adjust, and install door locks, door closures, panic devices, coordinators, hinges, automatic hardware, fire doors, and alarm systems.
- Check keys and locks for wear and repairs and replaces them. Machines new pieces to fit hardware which may not have stock parts available.
- Orders and maintains inventory of key and lock materials and supplies and maintains related computerized systems; warehouses/inventories old locks and hardware from remodel jobs.
- Install insulation and weather stripping.
- Maintain and repair machinery, tools, and equipment used in the carpentry and locksmith trades.
- Repair broken windows, doors, walls, ceilings, and furniture.
- Assist other maintenance and crafts staff performing their duties.
Desirable candidates will have experience:
- Performing rough and finish carpentry
- Performing new and remodel wood construction
- Using and maintaining the tools and equipment associated with journey-level carpentry work
- Insuring safety practices are followed on job sites
- Estimating time and materials needed for carpentry-related jobs
- Visualizing, sketching, and designing wood projects
- Reading and interpreting blueprints
- Repairing locks, levers, cams, and cylinders to precise tolerances in locking systems
- Setting up lock and keying systems
- Establishing and maintaining key system inventory records
- Maintaining and repairing key and locking systems for doors, desks, file cabinets, and panic devices
The examination is a rating of your education and experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the spaces provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question addressing minimum requirements to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A minimum rating of 70 is needed to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
To preview the exam, click on the “Preview Exam” link at the bottom of this page (you will not be able to take the exam from this screen) . If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.