Responsible for facility maintenance in assigned territory (approximately 20 stores). Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter's hand tools and power tools.
Essential Job Functions:
- Require commercial carpentry skills such as drywall installation, ceramic and vinyl floor tile installation, cabinet or shelving repair, door and window repairs or installations, cement work, acoustical ceilings, and locks.
- Complete and submit accurate reporting of time reporting and vehicle inventory by scheduled dates via company computer programs.
- Perform preventive maintenance in assigned stores at least twice per year.
- Ensure maintenance expense (by Account Code) in assigned stores meet annual budgetary guidelines.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work tasks or environment.
- Continuous Learning – Identifying new learning areas; utilizing learning opportunities; using knowledge to continue to develop.
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward completion of goals.
- Follow-Up – Monitoring the results of delegations or assignments, considering the person’s competency and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work and Time – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and timely.
- Planning and Organizing – Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Results Oriented – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment and using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment.
- Stress Tolerance – Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to all.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced work environment and a willingness to help all members of the department.
- Flexibility to handle ever-changing scope of assignments and projects.
- Ability to work a variety of schedules as required (including nights, weekends and holidays). Overtime may be required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize job functions.
- Personal initiative and follow-through to completion.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong PC skills. Position will utilize Windows XP, MS Excel, CPC Ultrasite/Controllers and MS Outlook. Candidates must possess the ability to utilize and learn Kroger-specific mainframe applications including Viryanet Service Hub .
Desired Previous Job Experience
General carpentry experience especially in food retail and/or commercial facilities.
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Higher level internal Administrative positions, higher-level General Office Administrative positions, and Division office administrative positions.