The purpose of the Carrier Implementation Analyst position is to support the design qualification, processing, logistics management, circulation and closeout of Carrier customer orders for Suddenlink’s Carrier division. The Carrier Implementation Analyst will also have the management lead on all customer facing documentation associated with Carrier service orders and/or contracts. They will also maintain responsibility for carrier procurement inventory management and threshold tracking with our 3rd party provider.
• Support presales team for inbound order acceptance
• Project Manage upgrade and downgrade orders to completion, including post sale customer contact/coordination
• Schedule and lead project specific meetings for projects owned by CI Analyst
• Manage work assignments for Carrier Implementation PM’s
• Team leader for front end provisioning process including initial design updates to At Task order management
• Purchase order investigation/initiation, CI Analyst assists Carrier Implementation Project Managers with PO management and escalation
• Purchase order tracking through Suddenlink equipment 3rd party vendor.
• Logistics fulfillment, inventory threshold management and tracking with our 3rd party vendor.
• Coordinates with Finance team to implement new customer billing
• Monthly reporting to Finance on new customer completions, Performance intervals, and FOC misses
• Initiate process and distribute customer facing documentation associated with a Carrier customer order, to include Order Confirmations, FIRM Order Confirmations and Design Layout Records and other customer facing documentation as required.
• The Carrier Implementation Analyst works closely with senior team members within Suddenlink Finance department to forecast monthly completions for budget projections,
and to manage carrier stock thresholds based on sales forecast with our 3rd party vendor.
• This position will need an in depth working knowledge of industry standard Carrier best practices
• CI Analyst must possess working knowledge of industry standard ILEC/CLEC/Cellular/IXC service delivery intervals and expectations
• Serves as a liaison with customer, sales and engineering/operations to provide data and information needed for successful order design processing and handoff to Engineering and Implementation teams.
• Expert level qualification and collection of all data required for successful Suddenlink Implementation. Including but not limited to the detailed perusal of both Inbound/Outbound Carrier Customer orders (ASRs and/or service order contracts). Qualification includes expertise/competency against the original proposal to include location data, rates, term, capacity/bandwidth, ASOG NC/NCI service/provisioning codes, design engineering hand offs, equipment data and configurations, etc.
• Owns and resolves all issues or related problematic activities against assigned workload.
• Drives vendor escalations to first/second management levels to ensure Firm Order Commitment/Design Layout Record (FOC/DLR) are received in a timely fashion.
• Performs other related duties and tasks as assigned or as required.
• Ability to communicate in person, telephone or written
• Ability to sort and distribute materials
• Ability to use reasoning to problem-solve and troubleshoot
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred and/or 5-7 years of carrier order management and provisioning services.
• Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Advanced competency with Access Service Requests (ASRs) and Carrier Wholesale gateway systems (Neustar, etc.).
• Facilitative leader able to manage meetings with project team members and large carrier customers.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize effectively
• Must have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Ability to consider impacts of change systematically and communicate / negotiate those changes
• 5-7 years of telecommunications experience, carrier access provisioning, ASR/order management and wholesale customer support.
• Fluency with carrier level services, contracts and communication protocols for all facets of electronic gateway or manual ASOG ordering practices for complex carrier services.
• Demonstrated competency with Telecommunications standards including Telcordia, Access Service Request (ASR), ASOG (Access Service Ordering Guide) practices/processing, Local Exchange Routing (LSR) Guides, Order Confirmations, FIRM Order Confirmations (FOC), and Design Layout Records (DLR)
• Proficiency in Salesforce.com, ICOMS (billing), At Task and/or other back office carrier infrastructure systems strongly preferred
• Ability to work in climate-controlled areas
• Exposure to typical office environment
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Occasional travel
Suddenlink was established in February, 2003 and we serve nearly 1.4 million customers in Texas, West Virginia, Louisiana, Arkansas, North...