Our SpecTIR Government Solutions Division (SGS) based in Fairfax, VA is
conducting a search for talented Cartographers at the Apprentice (APP),
Journeyman (JM), Senior (SR), and Expert (EX) levels for positions that are
projected to be established in early 2013. Positions will most likely be
located in Colorado Springs, CO, Hawaii, and/or Stuttgart, Germany.
The list below states general requirements for the Journeyman level. Lower and
higher levels will require appropriately less or more knowledge and experience
in much the same areas.
geography, cartography, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- TS/SCI security clearance
- A Bachelor’s (JM) or Master’s Degree (SR) in a related field
- Expertise and experience in one or more of the following fields:
20+ years (EX)
- < 3 years of experience (APP); 3-10 years (JM); 11-20 years (SR);
cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Expertise and experience working in the related fields of geography,
- Experience creating shapefiles, geo-databases and features
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, GIS and geospatial
- Knowledge of GIS software suites ArcGIS and its applications, ERDAS,
different types of maps
- Expertise in research and information gathering pertaining to
If you take pride in working for a high integrity company focused on delivering
- Expertise in preparing source material for digitizing
technical solutions to our Government customers, use the “apply” link above
to let us know about you.
SpecTIR, LLC - 6 months ago
SpecTIR's core business is providing high resolution spatial and spectral products derived from remotely sensed data. SpecTIR specializes in...