To secure a positive shopping experience for our Customers and provide an attractive day out for the whole family.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your main tasks will include:
. • Adhere to inventory control procedures and security policies
- Provide visitors with a positive shopping experience by ensuring customer service standards are met or exceeded
- Assist customers in loading merchandise into vehicles and in returning merchandise
- Retrieve carts from parking areas and ensure that the loading zone remains clear
- Maintain a balanced cart flow throughout the store/home delivery areas
- Disassemble AS IS merchandise when required • Report inoperable equipment to managers
- Maintain outside area, ensuring it is fully stocked with twine, etc.
- Work closely with the furniture pick up and warehouse staff to ensure the integrity of merchandise pulls
- Complete general routines and ensure housekeeping is of the highest standard
. • Communicate to managers any customer issues/concerns that cannot be resolved
- Demonstrate a good understanding of policies, routines and procedures within your area of responsibility
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Promote a safe working environment for fellow co-workers, customer and visitors by reporting any safety hazards, concerns or ideas for improvement.
Knowledge/Experience: 0-6 months of experience in the following knowledge areas:
. Knowledge and interest in Home Furnishings
- Good customer service, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a customer service environment Capabilities/Motivation:
. Effective verbal and written skills in the English language
. Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
. Ability to work independently and in groups
. Basic computer skills
. Prefer fast-paced, retail work environment Additional Information
. Work Location: Fast-paced, deadline driven, high volume retail store
. Physical/Mental Demands (Essential Functions): Having the ability to access and observe all areas of the store; to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress; to communicate with customers and co-workers and manage conflict; to lift and move 50 lbs (25 kg); to use the PC for extended periods during the shift; to wear PPE (personal protective equipment); and to use small power tools and related equipment
. . Physical/Mental Demands (Non Essential Functions): Bending, stretching, reaching, climbing, lifting and wearing required IKEA uniform
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Additional Information : IKEA Conshohocken, near Plymouth meeting is now hiring!
This is a part-time position for 12 up to 19 hours per week; requires availability to work nights and availability to work Saturdays and Sundays. Job ID 152241BR Removal Date 12/16/2012
IKEA - 2 years ago
Since its founding in 1943, IKEA has offered a wide range of home furnishings and accessories of good design and function, at prices so low...