- 1 - 2 years experience required
- 3-5 years experience is preferred
This position is responsible for oversight of status verification, resource management, discharge planning, care facilitation, utilization management, and related duties for the assigned population by working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to achieve desired clinical, service and cost outcomes. The incumbent ensures that patients are assigned the appropriate level of care, receive the appropriate services for the level of care, and are transitioned to the appropriate post-hospital level of care. They provide valuable information for consideration in clinical decision-making, patient throughput, and discharge planning. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires current state of Indiana nursing license; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum 3-5 years relevant clinical experience in acute care.
- Requires a minimum 3 years experience in case management/discharge planning; managed care; utilization management or related roles; Certified Case Manager preferred.
- Requires the ability to complete job duties autonomously.
- Requires demonstrated leadership skills and strong organizational skills.
- Requires computer experience.
- Requires the ability to communicate and resolve conflict with physicians; other health care team members; community agencies; clients and families with diverse opinions; values and religious/cultural ideas.
- Requires the ability to communicate with multiple partners in the interdisciplinary team.
- Requires the ability to identify and communicate cost and quality issues related to patient care.
- Requires current state of Indiana nursing license; Bachelor's degree preferred , Basic Life Support certification required. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard