Our Insurance Case Manager is responsible for the case management and processing of new insurance business. The primary goal of our Case Managers is to see that all Life, Long-Term Care, Disability insurance applications are processed and managed through the underwriting process to maximize the opportunity for timely issuance of policies.
Essential Functions :
Analyze new client applications once received from the operations staff to ensure the rate applied for meets the carrier’s medical and financial underwriting guidelines. Use insurance experience, knowledge and research to identify any “red flags” that may prevent the client from receiving the best offer.
Identify additional information needed to receive an offer from the insurance carrier. Work with carriers and vendors to retrieve any outstanding required medical and financial information.
Analyze carrier requirements and use independent judgment to assess insurance risk for applicants. Analyze client’s needs and recommend to advisors alternative solutions for clients, as necessary. Work as the advisor’s advocate and negotiate the need for outstanding requirements or information to ensure offer is received as quickly as possible.
Analyze all medical information once an offer is made. If the offer is other than applied, research other carrier guidelines and pricing and analyze whether it is in the client’s best interest to take the business to a different insurance carrier. Negotiate with sponsor carrier underwriters and LPLIA Sales, based on own discretion, to secure the best offer for the advisor’s clients and ensure the highest placement ratio of contracts.
Independently work on a high volume case load and significant premiums while maintaining service level agreements that are in place for case management. Respond to all emails and voicemails promptly and communicate with agent’s regarding case status at least once a week.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years experience as a field underwriting/case management specialist with Life Insurance (Term, UL, SUL, Whole Life, VUL, Long Term Care).
- Experience with Regulation 60, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Buy/Sells, Key Man
- Insurance Licensing preferred
- MS Office Tools preferred
- Must be skilled in the use of a personal computer and specialized software, proficient with new business tracking software and imaging systems (e.g. Agency Works, Paperclip, Exam One)
- Build and foster strong working relationship with senior underwriters of the general agency approved carriers and office staff.
- Results/goal oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong follow through and sense of urgency, strong relationship building skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to change quickly and strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software
LPL Financial Services - 19 months ago