Required Application Materials : Cover Letter, Resume, Online Application
Provides home care visits to clients in the Midland Care Connection service area. The Case Manager RN will participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care of clients in compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
Required : Current, unrestricted State of Kansas License to practice as a Registered Nurse. One year professional medical-surgical experience. Must possess a valid Kansas Driver’s License, in force automobile insurance and maintain a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) that meets the organization’s insurability standard as defined by Midland Care policy. Availability of reliable transportation is required. Knowledge of professional nursing theory, standards of nursing practice, scope of practice and relevant statutes and regulations. Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, pay strong attention to detail and accuracy and work under pressure in a cooperative work environment. Must be self-directed, motivated and flexible.
Preferred : Home Health or Hospice experience preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Provision of skilled nursing care which includes:
• Collaborates with the physician(s) and acts as liaison for the care coordination of the designated case load.
• Assesses patient needs and provision of services within scope of practice and based on individualized plan of care appropriate to the patient’s needs, strengths, limitations and goals.
• Communicates/collaborates with contracting providers for services needed.
• Evaluates care, treatment and services to include active participation in interdisciplinary team meetings
• Assesses for discharge and/or transfer needs and facilitates the process to ensure continuity of care, treatment and service is maintained.
• Participates in Midland Care’s 24/7 nursing coverage rotation. (WHITE team coverage: weekend, holiday into the Evening)
• Follows policies and procedures in the assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation and documentation of patient and family care.
• Performs case manager duties/essential clinical duties within the nursing scope of practice.
• Documents in electronic record within stated standards and provides complete and accurate supporting documentation.
• Participates in the agency performance improvement program.
• Participates in the surveillance, prevention and control of infection.
• Participates in environmental safety and equipment management procedures.
• Utilizes information management to support decision making to improve patient outcomes, improve health care documentation, assure patient safety and improve performance in patient care, treatment and services.
• Maintains Clinical competencies. (Q)
• Provides patient/caregiver education and training specific to identified needs.
• Collaborates in the provision of care, treatment and services with the interdisciplinary team to meet patients’ needs and maintains continuity of care between disciplines, programs, services and with other organizations as needed. (S)
• Participates in agency activities to include interdisciplinary team meetings, staff meetings, and other committee meetings as assigned and educational opportunities.
• Develops partnerships within the community and educates community members and healthcare providers about Midland Care services. Provides education related to hospice to staff in alternate care settings (nursing homes, hospitals, assisted-living facilities, etc.) (S,P)
• Manages patient care within accepted standards for utilization of DME, medications and supplies.
• Follows agency procedures/standards for productivity, attendance, use of PTO and approval of overtime.
• Reviews and evaluates requests for approval from accounts payable for patient specific requests.
The Midland Care Way
Carries out the mission, vision and values of Midland Care. Articulates Midland Care Philosophy. Demonstrates a willingness to assist in patient/client and family care as needed. Respects the autonomy and right of confidentiality of patients/clients and families. Demonstrates good customer service the Midland Care Way at all times. Participates in performance improvement activities. Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with other staff. Comes to work in neat, clean attire and consistently present an appropriately professional appearance. Comes to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality. Understands the organization computer system(s) and the software used within the department as applicable to position. Serves as a Universal Employee and accepts assigned duties in a cooperative manner. Performs all duties as assigned in an effective manner. Understands and demonstrates compliance with Midland Care policies and procedures.
Must be able to continuously stand and walk frequently squat, climb stairs, bend to the floor, reach over the shoulder, kneel, twist, sit, lift patients, and remain in uncomfortable positions for prolonged periods of time. Must have visual acuity sufficient to continuously note changes in patient condition (breathing, color, skin integrity) and to read a thermometer, sphygmomanometer dial, and other instruments. Must have hearing acuity sufficient to auscultate BP, hear verbal instructions and communication from clients, respond to emergency alarms, and answer the telephone. Must be able to concentrate on moderate details with frequent interruptions, attend to specific functions for 10-25 minutes, remember multiple tasks and assignments over an 8-12 hour period, and understand and relate specific ideas and concepts. Must be able to deal effectively with stress, patients and their families, multiple tasks, noise, interruptions, and emotional loss, and to work cooperatively with other members of the interdisciplinary team while maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor. Must be able to travel to and access patient homes where conditions may be adverse due to weather, environment, or patients’ lifestyles.
HIPAA Security Class
• Clerical/Clinical: Access to medical records to modify or create No access to billing or software maintenance.
Telephone, personal computer, laptop computer, FAX machine, motor vehicle, Suncoast (medical charting software), a thermometer, sphygmomanometer dial, blood pressure cuff, and other equipment as needed.
Individual must wear business attire all of the time and must be able to travel to patient homes where conditions may be adverse due to weather, environment, or patients’ lifestyles.
Midland Care - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -