To increase the independence and self efficacy of individuals with serious and persistent mental illness through outreach support, direct assistance and training in living skills, advocacy and housing assistance.
SCOPE : Provides individuals with serious and persistent mental illness assistance with finding appropriate and affordable housing, receipt of entitlements, linking with appropriate treatment sources, coordination of care with collateral providers, assisting with money management and other activities of daily living.
ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:
Direct Case Management Functions:
• Establishes rapport and working relationship with assigned clients.
• Develops and writes comprehensive client service plans in conjunction with client.
• Assesses and involves natural supports in the treatment process, when possible.
• Demonstrates competency in age related or specialty issues and developmental needs for each population served.
• Case Managers working with families within the CHR Treatment Foster Care Program must demonstrate cultural competency and sensitivity to each family’s cultural needs.
• May provide assistance with daily living, as indicated for population served.
• Assists in obtaining benefits, housing, treatment, legal services, medical services, education and employment, as needed.
• Assists with money management and representative payeeship, as needed, for population served.
• Schedules and provides transportation to and from appointments, as needed.
• Assists with meal preparation, house maintenance and general shopping as appropriate and necessary for population served.
• Provides crisis intervention and support as clinically indicated.
• Meets regularly with each client to assess current status and progress.
• Formulates adequate discharge plans for all cases terminated from assigned caseload.
Maintains Family and Other Collateral Contacts to Ensure Quality, Client-Centered
• Works as liaison between agency and state and private hospitals, other community-
based services, family members and significant others.
• Assists in linking client with community support systems and agencies.
• Advocates for clients’ rights and access to services.
• Provides overall case coordination and management.
• Liaison with other Genesis and community providers, as needed to ensure coordination of services provided.
Maintains Documentation and Other Methods of Communication to Maintain Quality
• Compliant with recordkeeping requirements consistent with program and agency
standards including the monitoring and charting of clients’ behavior and progress
toward specific goals.
• Completes all required documentation and statistical reports related to client service in accordance with established agency procedure.
• Attends and participates in weekly staff meetings, case conference and supervision.
• Participates in case coordination meetings.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains involvement in an identified specialty area.
• Attends agency sponsored in-services, outside workshops, conferences and meetings
to facilitate continued professional growth.
• May perform other assignments and duties, as area needs require.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Possesses general knowledge of the principles and practices involved in delivering case management and counseling services that develops independence for individuals living in the community who have mental health needs.
• Able to function independently in a range of settings on an outreach basis.
• Comprehends basic theory and concepts related to community treatment with individuals who experience serious and persistent mental illness, personality disorder or dually diagnosed.
• Ability to complete complicated benefit-related applications.
• Possesses basic math skills with ability to budget, maintain financial records and balance a checkbook.
Valid driver’s license. CPR/First-Aid Certification within 6 months of hire.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Two years experience in a mental health setting. BA in human services required.