Community Reach Center, a top-tier mental health provider in the northern Denver area, and the designated mental health provider for anyone eligible for Medicaid in Adams County, Colorado.
We are seeking a Full Time Case Manager. Under direct supervision, provides clinical and support services to consumers and/or their families through integrated behavioral healthcare services. May operate in a residential environment, hospital, outpatient clinic, school, consumer and family homes, or other community based environments. This position utilizes a Psychosocial Rehabilitation Model that which emphasizes assisting persons to explore and develop social, occupational, leisure, and living skills, which will assist them in living as independently as possible in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work experience requirements:
- Provides prevention/early intervention, case management, family psychoeducation, psychosocial rehabilitation counseling, and other clinical interventions to consumers and families as appropriate to the position. (Case management is defined as Service Planning, Referral, Monitoring/Follow-up, and Assessment.)
- Provides therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required.
- Provides care to consumers and their families in a manner that promotes safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment.
- Must provide services that promote the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation and family psychoeducation.
- Works with consumers in the use of basic community resources, referring, linking, and advocating as needed. Acts as liaison when necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality of consumer records.
- Provides education around diagnosis, medications, and appropriate interventions to support the families and consumer.
- Facilitates and contributes to the accomplishment of tasks by consumers, empowers consumers to reach optimum level of achievement, and sets a positive example and provides role modeling as well as technical expertise to accomplish goals.
- Documents intervention and program activity according to Community Reach Center’s policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in group sessions, in-service education and training opportunities, meetings, and special events.
- Facilitates consumers’ and families general maintenance in their community through teaching, the development of supports, and advocacy activities.
- Provide transportation for consumers in center vehicles when clinically indicated.
- Completes all quarterly/annual productivity standards as outlined.
- Will be evaluated on Psychosocial Rehabilitation practitioner competencies.
- Participates in and utilizes opportunities that provide professional growth through attendance at Center in-services and other conferences and by conducting consultation and education functions as indicated.
- Projects a positive image to other agencies and the general public. And will work closely with organizations on resources and care coordination.
- Assists in pinpointing program and management problems and participates in problem resolution.
- Participates in on-going program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Promotes cooperative working relationships and a positive team atmosphere.
- Performs other such duties as assigned within the scope of the position and program description, as well as those reflective of their experience, education and ability.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualification would be equivalent to:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a directly related field.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Some experience working with children and/or adults who have a mental illness.
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record while employed with Community Reach Center’s Residential Programs.
- Communication, organization, time management, and clinical skills.
- Ability to work independently in a community-based setting.
Community Reach Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Experience providing case management services, working with children and families and bilingual preferred.
Community Reach Center - 18 months ago