The qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. Graduate from an accredited school of Registered Professional Nurses, Social Work, or other rehabilitation related profession. 2. High school required, BS desired
1. Knowledge of rehabilitation and the basic principles of case management.
2. One year of practical experience in field of study.
1. Licensed as required by the State of Georgia
2. Certification in Case Management preferred
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Ability to build positive relationships, effect change, perform critical analysis, plan and organize effectively, promote patient/family autonomy. Have knowledge of funding and community
resources, as well as clinical standards and outcomes.
The case manager collaborates with patients by assessing, facilitating, planning, and advocating each patient's health needs on an individual basis. The case manager will be responsible for providing patient care coordination and ongoing review of the patient's program to ensure appropriate progress with the patient/family in moving through the continuum of care, regardless of the environment, i.e., home,workplace, hospital, ambulatory, or specialty facility, with the ultimate goal of returning to home/community. Will interact with all relevant components of the patient's health care system such as physicians, family members, third party payors, employers, and other health care providers. Maintains patient program evaluation, documentation, and other outcome measures. Analyzes trends and reports for performance improvement purposes.
Floyd Medical Center - 10 months ago