PROGRAM: Senate Social Services
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Senate is a permanent supportive housing residence for formerly homeless adults, many with mental illness. On-site services include medication monitoring, case management, money management, entitlement assistance, medical and psychiatric care, substance abuse counseling, work readiness training, a meals program, 24 hours/7 day per week front desk security, and group activities.
SUPERVISOR: Program Director/ Asst. Director
CATEGORY: Full-time Salaried
DAYS/HOURS: Sun-Thurs 9:00am-5:00pm
1) Provide case management services
- Provide case management to a group of assigned clients; identify short and long-term treatment goals and help clients achieve them, including linkages to community programs such as medical, psychiatric and drug treatment services
- Assist clients in receiving entitlements and in understanding and complying with building rules and government subsidies to maintain residency
- Accompany clients on visits to doctors, entitlement offices or other community services
- Maintain case records with documentation of services provided and outcomes, according to specific program procedures
- Collaborate with staff in other GRCC programs to coordinate client service
- Encourage participation among resistant clients; conduct floor meetings to introduce and encourage program participation
2) Participate as Senate team member
- Attend staff meetings, case conferences, training programs and supervision meetings
- Participate in planning and leading group activities
- Collaborate to maintain an active resource directory
3) Other duties as required include conducting unit inspections, and reviewing changes in government policies as well as changes in pharmaceutical and insurance companies
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Some walking and travel to escort clients to various appointments throughout the city and occasional visits to hospital emergency rooms.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Mostly indoor office, occasional kitchen and basement during groups. Regular visits to client apartments are also required.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in mental health/homelessness/addiction preferred
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish)
Excellent benefits package
- 2 years ago - save job