Applicants not meeting all requirements may be considered for the position as a “trainee” at a reduced wage. To develop and monitor the implementation of Personal Development Plans (PDP) with participants in an assigned program; to provide guidance and support to participants to meet program objectives.
1. Receive and review case files. Define the process for attainment of goals with measurable step-by-step objectives. Meet periodically with participant staff team members to update goal requirements and assess progress.
2. Attend support plan meetings with family to address progress and changes in goals or participant requirements, as appropriate.
3. Ensure that case files and participant records are accurate and complete; ensure files are in compliance with regulations and requirements. Collect and calculate statistics by participant and submit to referring agencies as periodically required.
4. Provide participants with counseling and support; serve as a liaison between program providers, direct care staff and other support providers.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Rehabilitation, Social Services, Human Services or related field. Relevant work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis in lieu of degree.
2. Minimum of one (1) year case management experience preferred.
3. Excellent communication skills required. Ability to establish and maintain rapport with employers and referral agents.
4. Excellent problem solving skills & organizational skills.
5. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, valid insurance, reliable transportation for travel to outlying locations and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance policy.
1. General office environment
2. Generally normal sitting, standing and walking
3. Regular travel
4. Occasional assistance with lifting up to 30 lbs.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and usual peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and software programs, and standard office equipment, automobile, large passenger van, or wheelchair accessible van, as required.