Make a difference! Lawrence Hall Youth Services is a first rate child welfare agency serving at-risk youth and their families through residential treatment, education, foster care and older adolescent programs. Reports directly to the Program Manager or Case Manager Supervisor. Provides case management services to clients and their families within agency policies. This includes home visits, transportation of clients in agency or personal vehicle to court appearances, schools, community resources, etc. Requires good verbal communication with staff, referring agencies, community resources and clients/families as well as ability to provide ongoing required written documentation. Must be able to effectively use both verbal and physical intervention skills with individuals six (6) through twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Document all case management activity and use information in up-to-date case entry notes.
- Write and submit timely reports for juvenile court and administrative case reviews, etc.
- Carries a selected load of clients and families as assigned.
- Takes leadership in the planning and evaluation of staffings/conferences.
- Takes responsibility for presenting intake material to staff and presenting to Intake Committee for final decision as applicable.
- Provides data, information, and goals to team. Works with treatment, collateral staff, and families in coordinating efforts to reach goals.
- Works closely with other staff in meeting the needs of clients under care.
- Determines visiting schedule for clients (if applicable) and keeps informed about benefits and problems following visits as provided by relevant staff.
- Interprets agency's services to assigned clients.
- Attends agency and other professional seminars and conferences to increase professional knowledge and skills.
- Liaison to DCFS or other agencies (courts, school districts, etc.), communicating goals and progress toward their accomplishment.
- Determines with the team, needs for community programs (schools, recreation, jobs, vocational opportunities, medical, etc.).
- May provide counseling (if appropriate).
- Liaison/facilitator in community, police and neighborhood situations.
- Locates and evaluates resources, facilitates referrals and supportive services
- May cover ACR/court during staff vacancies/absences.
- May provide coverage for caseload duties during staff vacancies/absences.
- Documents contact with client, client's family, court sessions, etc. for statistical purposes.
- Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and staff in a culturally diverse environment
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's degree in the Human Services field.
- Must have the Child Welfare Employee Licensure at hire or attend the next scheduled 20-day Foundation Training Program for licensure, meet the requirements for attendance and conduct, and pass the Licensure Exam including CERAP (Child Endangerment Risk Assessment Protocol).
- No history of child abuse or neglect.
- Illinois driver's license and access to personal vehicle including proof of insurance required
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!!!
Lawrence Hall is a not-for-profit child welfare agency established to assist at-risk youth and their families through a seamless delivery of...