Summary of Job Duties
Manages patient from admission through acute care, alternate care and discharge issues. Case Manager works to partner with physicians toward a common goal – quality care and a safe discharge for patients. Duties include cost consumption activities, resource utilization practices, physician profiling and risk reducing efforts aimed at quality improvement. The Case Manager must possess knowledge of general utilization review criteria as well as knowledge of current policy practices for Medicare, Medi-Cal, HMO and other third party payers.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to set work direction for self and others
- CPUR certification within one year of hire preferred
- Demonstrates ability to effectively utilize a computer and Microsoft Office
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
- Must be currently licensed as an RN in the State of California
- Must possess Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross Professional Rescuer Certification
- Recent experience with Case Management preferred
Works well with others in a team-oriented environment, including support of other co-workers duties in a manner that further advances the goals and objectives of the whole organization.
San Joaquin Community Hospital - 2 years ago
San Joaquin Community Hospital (SJCH) is a 255-bed acute-care facility located in downtown Bakersfield, California. With more than 100 years...