1. The position is responsible for conducting participant intake and orientation in accordance with organizational and program guidelines and standards. He/she serves as liaison to other community-based organizations to promote visibility of the program to ensure ongoing referrals and effective utilization of services and to meet program contract, enrollment and outcome goals.
2. The Case Manager conducts participant needs assessment and intake functions. She/he develops with participants mutually agreed-upon service plans which define short and long-term goals; orients participants to the program and produces a comprehensive assessment of participant needs. The incumbent provides supportive counseling to strengthen the participant’s ability to make appropriate life decisions; maintains regular contact with participants; monitors participant needs and progress on an ongoing basis; and updates participant plans and records in accordance with program standards and contract requirements.
3. The incumbent works with participants to ensure satisfactory attendance and adherence to program standards; she/he identifies, recommends and implements services in response to evolving participant and program needs; collects and processes data and information to meet program requirements and to support solid decision making.
4. The position is responsible for keeping participant files and case notes up to date, accurate and easily retrievable; he/she prepares and disseminates participant updates within confidentiality guidelines.
5. The incumbent evaluates and collects data to ensure timely reporting for internal and external use; routinely analyzes reporting and data collection mechanisms to ensure accurate and timely information and prepares routine and special reports as needed.
6. May instruct specific activities or perform other related duties as assigned.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
§ Associate of Arts (AA) degree and one year of work experience in social services, business or educational field; or five (5) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalent experience in social services or education strongly preferred.
§ Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly.
§ Must be able to read and follow lesson plans, apply effective classroom management skills; possess strong presentation skills; and utilize effective training/instructional methods. Analytical ability is required to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work. The position requires continual attention to detail and interaction with participants and the community.
§ Professional in interactions with co-workers, participants, funding sources, the community and in appearance; the incumbent refrains from any conduct that would negatively impact the program or Paxen’s reputation.
§ Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures and write reports. The incumbent must possess the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and continually demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
§ Strong process orientation: Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving. Possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Demonstrated ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
§ Must possess excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
§ Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
§ Must successfully pass a criminal background check; Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of positions given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments. Specific job-related duties assigned by hiring departments shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be construed as expanding a particular position’s role, scope, FLSA status, or grade.
The Paxen Group, Inc - 19 months ago