Position Title |
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group.
We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key responsibilities as a Case Sealer are included, but not limited to the following:
- Check each machine schedule for the next job to be produced.
- Locate and pull corrugated cases and other materials needed during the start of a Make-Ready on the gluer in a timely manner.
- Read job jacket specifications for special instructions not limited to correct cases, dividers, labeling specifications, scored U-Boards and skid height.
- Acquire working knowledge and develop basic mechanical skills to assist in the set up and maintenance of the 3-M tape machines.
- Be able to operate a fork lift and electric hand jacks.
- Pull cases, pads, dividers and U-Boards to the correct machine.
- Once the job is in production, label all cases and document the die position on label then put the cases on the designated pallet.
- Move full pallets to the stretch wrap machine then wrap and the put in the warehouse for inventory control.
- Perform any necessary in process checks during the production of the job to ensure labeling or other requirements are being met.
- Pull maintenance on tape machines when the glue machine is down for maintenance. (Clean rollers, oil sponges & check belts for ware etc.)
- Remove banding & excess corrugated material from work area. Sweep as needed and when machines go down for scheduled shut down/clean up at the end of shift.
- Organizing work area using visual methods such as labeling, pictures, and defining specified locations for commonly used tools, documents, parts, etc.
- Empty & replace Gaylord for corrugated scrap as needed.
- Check supplies such as tape, corner boards, wrap and request as needed.
Candidate is expected to ask questions if they do not know something, and have an attitude of continuous improvement. This means that they are not only expected to perform their work on a daily basis, but also looking for ways to improve that work that will ultimately improve the quality and performance of the Mebane MWV facility on a continual basis.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic computer skills (desired)
- Capable of lifting 35 – 45 lbs and be able to pull and push pallets.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and work well with others.
United States of America
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...