Responsible for reconciling daily deposits in the cash vault and verifying nightly deposits received from the stores, restaurants and admissions areas. Offers friendly and efficient service to MCs. Works together as a member of the Finance team. Ensures proper controls and company policies are adhered to within the company.
This is a seasonal position.
Requires at least two years in a full service cash control of revenue accounting environment. Industry experience in a theme park or other multi-site sales environment is strongly preferred. Combination of accounting and banking experience is preferred. Experience in credit card and other payment reconciliation is desirable. Must be a detail oriented individual with very strong analytical and organizational skills. Requires the ability to self initiate work with minimal direct supervision. Very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are required as is the ability to build and maintain cooperative working relationships with members of all departments within the organization. Must have strong general accounting and cash handling knowledge. Requires excellent computer skills with strong proficiency using Microsoft Office Products including Access, Word and Excel. Experience with accounting software and integrated, system-wide software packages a plus. Experience with cash management software and hardware are a plus.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting or other business related field is preferred. Significant experience and demonstrated ability to perform the job functions may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
1. Assists Cash Vault Supervisor on overall operations of the cash vault. Daily duties may include:
a.Counting and verifying the number of floats received in night deposit area.
b. Counting currency and coin received in the float bags.
c. Prepares and balances daily receipts.
d. Prepares currency and coin for transfer to the bank.
e. Processes and wraps loose coin as needed.
f. Archive and removal of deposits, credit card and other necessary documents.
g. Reconcile cash vault daily.
2. Process and reconcile daily vouchers received from admissions department. Prepare monthly reconciliation of vouchers for billing.
3. Processes and prints special order Gateway tickets.
4. Perform field audits for Retail, Food and Beverage, and Admissions.
5. Loss Prevention liaison to work with security and location supervisors to ensure that cash controls are in place.
6. Coordinate A/R invoices for payment from Purchase orders, or special orders from vendors.
7. Encode and process A/R checks for daily deposit.
8. Instruct MC Cash Handling classes, as appropriate.
9. General Accounting responsibilities may include reconciliations, TM1 financial reporting and other duties as assigned.
LEGOLAND - 2 years ago
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...