Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Provide analytical and transactional services in order to control and monitor various cash flows to ensure timely funding of transactions. Effect cash movement to accomplish transactions. Contribute to forecasts of short term cash needs. Prepare and forward documentation for booking, reporting, and compliance purposes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with trading desk or other unit regarding pending transaction or transfer of funds, including larger transactions.
- Effect timely disbursement of funds and cash activity in accordance with established controls. Enter into appropriate systems and prepare documentation required by regulations and corporate standards.
- Contribute production data and intelligence from clients to higher level staff and management preparing daily projections for cash needs.
- Respond to inquiries from banks, trading desks, Audit, Treasury, and others as needed.
- Assist in testing and implementing systems and/or process changes to support increased efficiencies or conformance with accounting regulations.
- Set up instructions for wiring funds, and monitor wiring activity.
- May perform accounting or reporting projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Experience with processing transactions via Fedwire and/or SWIFT is preferred
- Ability to quickly identify issues, evaluate risk, and make informed decisions that involve high transaction counts and dollar volumes
- creativity in problem resolution and a focus on detail
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 13 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...