Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Lead on all projects at the highest level of complexity and prepare associated documentation. Prepare and forward documentation for reporting and compliance purposes. Provide analytical and transactional services in order to control and monitor various cash flows to ensure timely funding of transactions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead on all projects at the highest level of complexity and prepare associated documentation
- Coordinate the participation of other team members on new projects and develop Service Level Agreements associated with projects.
- Perform and document account reconciliation. Design and produce reconciliation and other reports.
- Develop and update team policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly metrics for management reporting purposes
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and participate in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls.
- Resolve issues on highly significant matters requiring coordination and significant analytical skills to devise effective solutions.
- Provide expertise and support for testing and implementing systems and/or process changes to increase efficiencies or conform to accounting regulations.
- Manage timely disbursement of funds and cash activity in accordance with established controls. Monitor accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Successful candidate will have exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Experience in developing an in-depth understanding of all areas assigned and the ability to leverage that knowledge in prompt issue resolution and process/control improvements. Individual must have the training and experience to understand, analyze and resolve complex business and technical issues and possess a solid understanding of Fannie Mae's business. Many issues are time sensitive and require working across functions for resolution.
- Expert knowledge of servicing and acquisition data, Fannie Mae systems, Investor Reporting processes, and the secondary mortgage market.
- Candidate must have full knowledge of corporate transaction life-cycles and how to apply operational risk management and controls to the process. (eg: Wire Transfer Initiation, Check Processing, ACH Processing).
- Successful candidate must be able to assume responsibility for major project deliverables working with multiple cross functional teams to accomplish shared goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential to the position. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment are required.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and SQL. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Visual Basic.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 17 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...