Cash Office Clerk
Posting Information: Part Time, Hourly
Provides Cash Office services as assigned. Classifies, records, verifies, and maintains numerical data for use in maintaining financial records. Enforces cash procedures, and tracks violations. Tracks, verifies, and reports other data as assigned.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs daily functions of the Cash Office as assigned including preparing, distributing, and collecting cash bags; reconciliations; cash pick-ups; daily deposits; and completion of daily paperwork.
- Secures all cash items in safe and properly secures Cash Room premises.
- Maintains daily cash receipt records and logs in compliance with Zoo policy and all regulations governing these operations.
- Produces daily written reports and summaries as required by the Director of Operations, CFO, and Controller.
- Conducts cash and token pick-ups at various machines Zoo-wide in accordance with Zoo policy.
- Assists with audits as assigned by the Cash Office Manager, Controller, CFO, and Director of Operations. Ensures company and regulatory compliance related to functional areas of responsibility. Recommends and enforces policies and procedures of functional areas of responsibility.
- Avoids potential for theft and inaccurate record keeping through continued vigilance, employee training, and proactive behavior.
- In cooperation with the Cash Office Manager, monitors and accurately anticipates cash on hand needs for ATM and general operations.
- Provides excellent internal and external guest service at all times. Enforces Cash Office and cash handling policies and procedures in a professional, appropriate, and courteous manner.
- Reports concerns about Cash Office operations or cash handling to Cash Office Manager, Director of Operations, CFO, and/or Controller.
- Places orders for Cash Office supplies in accordance with Zoo policy as assigned by the Cash Office Manager. Accurately and thoroughly completes associated paperwork and documentation.
- Performs filing, photocopying, and other general clerical duties.
- Responsible for cleanliness, tidiness, and overall appearance of the Cash Office.
- Assists with hands-on support of daily operations of the Zoo and all Zoo events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience Needed:
- Quality control: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and security: observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Must have the ability to follow specific instructions and also be comfortable self-directing.
- Capacity to anticipate: ability to think ahead and plan.
- Capacity to change: ability to identify and correct operational problems quickly.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to think logically and solve problems with minimal guidance.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude with the public.
- Ability to communicate ideas and contribute effectively to the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college course work preferred.
- Three to five years cash handling, accounting, or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in cash handling, compliance, record keeping, or related field.
- Knowledge of currency/counterfeiting safeguards.
- Some specialized training in hospitality industry is preferred.
- Must be proficient with Word and Excel and be able to adapt well to various other computer programs.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to use radio, telephone, and computer to communicate and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be willing and able to work varied and long shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to plan for, work, and staff specials events and exhibits as well as be available for unexpected shifts.
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo - 2 years ago