Performs duties to assist the payments and refunds department in posting payments and adjustments on patient’s accounts and record keeping of those payments and adjustments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently evaluate explanation of payments for patient accounts and understand correspondence based on knowledge of policy and personal discretion.
- Accurately post or record information regarding collection receipts.
- Processes and files information regarding collection receipts.
- Quick evaluation and detail oriented.
- Research oriented and capable.
- Files correspondence, records, and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience reading and understanding Explanation of Benefits.
- Payment posting experience is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of contractual management practices
- Good mathematical skills a must.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in gathering and reporting information.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, physicians and external customers. Must display teamwork attitude and good inter-personal skills.
- Must have a pleasant disposition and high tolerance level.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.