The Cash Receipts Representative is responsible for the prompt and accurate application of payments for fees and disbursements to client accounts; handling transactions from Trust/Escrow and ensuring transactions are carried out in a timely and efficient manner. Communicate with attorneys and secretaries concerning proper application of payments. Provide client historical payment information as requested. Additional projects under direct supervision of manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to clearly communicate in both written and oral form with professional in the firm and with clients regarding client accounting issues
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, analytical and problem solving skills
• Must possess outstanding customer/client service and interpersonal skills
• Must represent the department in a professional and positive manner
• Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple competing priorities
• Previous experience in a law firm or professional services environment is strongly preferred
• Proficient in MS Excel and 10 Key
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Daily data entry and application of client payments received via firm lockbox, check/cash, wire/ACH and credit cards
• Daily cash deposit reconciliation
• Prepare daily cash balance report for distribution to management
• Application of on account funds to accounts receivable as requested
• Work closely with collection and billing staff ensuring correct application of client payments
• Handles all domestic escrow/trust transactions including deposits, producing checks, transferring funds via wire/ACH
• Maintains several investment escrow accounts on behalf of clients
• Reconciles several escrow monthly bank statements
• Performs monthly analysis of investments funds
• Processes accounts receivable write-off requests from billing attorneys
• Maintains late time point system for attorneys
• Perform additional duties as requested by Cash Receipts Coordinator or other managers
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred and at least 2 years job related experience, or any combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please click “apply online” at the end of this page. EOE
Troutman Sanders LLP - 9 months ago
Troutman Sanders LLP is one of Atlanta's largest law firms, has more than 40 attorneys dedicated to health care and/or employee benefits...