Job Title: Cashier 3 rd Shift
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Front End Manager
A 3 rd Shift Cashier is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Takes ownership of customer needs directly either by face-to-face or telephone and responding to guest inquiries promptly.
- Accurately and efficiently processes transactions and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Maintains an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Adopts the guidelines established by Festival to resolve guest complaints.
- Directs unresolved issues and requests to the appropriate designated resource.
- Ensures that each register as well as the front end area in general is thoroughly cleaned, stocked and organized per company presentation standards each night.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
Festival Foods - 13 months ago
At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission!
Festival Foods employs more than 4,700 associates who serve...