ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This Cashier position is responsible for providing courteous, reliable and efficient cashier services in accordance with customer expectations and established performance standards. The position is also responsible for the following, but not limited to:
Essential Functions and Tasks:
· Demonstrate a customer-driven service style with a sense of urgency for accuracy, efficiency and customer service.
· Answer customers' questions and provide information on parking procedures and/or policies.
· Compute and record transactions.
· Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
· Establish and/or identify parking fees and tabulate total using calculators, cash registers, scanners or mental math skills.
· Utilize professional customer service skills and communication. Smile and maintain eye contact with customers and use their name (if known) throughout the interaction.
· Maintain an assertive awareness of the area around the cashier booth and initiates customer service opportunities.
· Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
· Ensure that the booth, gates, and surrounding areas are kept clean, orderly, safe and operating efficiently at all times.
· Offer customers assistance with directions at the completion of parking transactions.
· Respond to all customer inquiries and resolve service discrepancies accordingly.
· Recommend local area service attractions, dining and lodging accommodations if requested.
· Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, or automatic debits.
· Maintain security of bank and cash transactions.
· Offer a warm and sincere greeting to all arriving and departing guest and visitor vehicles as they enter or exit parking areas. Provide customer comment cards to departing guests.
· Submit complete and accurate reconciliation reports and all data required to assure proper billing and revenue accountability.
· Enter tickets, transactions and revenue into the Auto Shift Revenue (ASR) system.
· Maintain an alert, professional posture in the cashier booth when not actively engaged with customers.
· Possess thorough knowledge of parking fee structures, special event/group discounted parking, monthly passes and all validation procedures.
· Process parking transactions accurately, calculate fees, collect payment and offer an appropriate departing comment.
· Make deposits in accordance with established guidelines.
· Perform other customer service duties such as resolving customer complaints; sort, count, and wrap currency and coins; keep logs of lost ticket transactions and other required items; sell monthly parking tickets; stock shelves with supplies and other items and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
· Act as an ambassador of the Company at all times while on or off property with an understanding that you are a representative of both, the client and Ace Parking, Inc.
· Maintain a professional appearance. Issued uniform must be worn at all times and in accordance with
· Perform other functions and asks as requested by management.
· This job description is subject to change at any time at the discretion of management.
· Must be at least 18 years old and possess a hi gh school diploma or equivalent
· Must submit to and pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
· Possess excellent customer service skills.
· Possess outgoing and enthusiastic personality
· Demonstrate exceptional oral communication skills by conveying information effectively
· Possess knowledge of local area and surrounding attractions
· Demonstrate active listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand
the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Possess basic mathematical skills and aptitude. Must pass math assessment
· Must be able to calculate parking charges manually and make change without the use of a calculator
· Possess attention to details when reconciling transactions
· Maintain a professional personal and uniform appearance in accordance with Company standards.
· Demonstrate a guest-driven service style with a sense of urgency in interactions, execution and recovery.
· Possess knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes
customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
· Must be able to work flexible shift hours (days, evenings, weekends, holidays); approximately seven plus
hours per shift standing, sitting, and walking (intermittently); ability to lift 10 lbs.
· Ability to deal with irate customers and resolve customer issues and/or complaints
· Ability to stand, sit and walk at least 7 hours a day.
· Ability to work in changing weather conditions.
Ace Parking Management, Inc. - 17 months ago