Receives payment for goods or services. Displays prompt and courteous service to customers and is able to communicate with them. Maintains a high level of accuracy for cash handling and reconciliation. Employs efficient and effective use of all resources to accomplish job according to standard timelines and to meet daily deadlines. Exemplifies all ACH standards of behavior and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Displays proper knowledge of money handling procedures. Maintains accurate daily cash till by ringing transactions at time of occurrence, charging correct prices, processing receipts for customers and counting back change when required.
- Follows daily routine for cash register set up.
- Records all appropriate meal information for volunteers, students, employees and physicians.
- Operate cash register and utilize Piggy Bank system displaying costs of customer purchase applicable rebates on monitor screen.
- Issue cash refund or credit memo to customers for returned merchandise as directed by supervisor.
- Participates in cafe promotional activities as required.
- Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other state, local and federal regulations.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of patients/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific directly related to age of patient/resident population.
- All register indicator prices (window displaying price) must be visible at all times and all sales must be immediately recorded on the register. Cashiers are to record all items on customers tray - no funds are to be "set aside" for ringing up later.
- Follows specific cash handling procedures with each customer and customers are offered receipts upon completion. Drawer should be closed after each transaction and kept closed until next.
- All transaction errors will be noted on register tape - over or under rings may not be "made up" on a subsequent transaction.
- Perform any other duties prescribed by supervisors/managers.
- Sign in on Cashiers register report after counting and verifying opening bank and prior to ringing up any sales. Report all discrepancies to supervisor.
- Cashiers are responsible for their banks and funds from the time they receive them until turned in at end of day.
- End of shift cashier responsibilities include: Remove auto changer, Count cash and vouchers collected, Complete in ink the right side of report detailing the denomination of cash received, and total cash vouchers collected witnessed by supervisor, Sign sheet where indicated, Turn in to supervisor all cash and vouchers collected with completed daily cashier report.
- At end of shift all monies to be fully counted and placed in designated secure area.
General Office Duties - follow below guidelines along with other assigned tasks by manager/supervisors.
- Write legibly and use department equipment and computer systems necessary to perform tasks.
- Perform all aspects of the job in a manner that respects staff and patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Keep all areas worked in in a neat, organized, clean manner with a minimum of clutter and debris.
Operating register, maintain supplies, safety and sanitationin.
- Operate register during assigned times.
- Stock and maintain snacks, cookies, condiments, fruit, candies and make sure beverage machines do not run out of product.
- Maintain Java City coffee and through communication with other cashiers, ensure that coffee is made fresh as required, Hold none any longer than 2 hours.
- Keep cashier cabinets, counters, drawers and surrounding floors free of debris, dust, liquids, unnecessary items and loose clutter etc.
- Adheres to all safety and sanitation regulations including The Joint Commission, CMS; state, county, and local health departments; OSHA, and ServSafe regulations; and ACH and department policies.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
1 year total experience required
which includes 1 year of of accounting, business or cashier experience
ServSafe Food Handler (Educational Certificate)
• Candidate must obtain within 1 months of hire date or eligibility
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Climb or balance
Physical Activity - Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Activity - Taste or smell
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Physical Environment - Work near moving mechanical parts
Physical Environment - Fumes or airborne particles
Physical Environment - Extreme heat (non-weather)
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 35 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...