This position is primarily responsible to oversee front of the house operations/customer service in the cafeteria. The Cashier will work closely with the grill cook, server, Food Services Coordinator, and Lead Cook. The Cashier will operate the cash register, restock the cafeteria,and serve customers. Responsibilities will also include other duties as assigned.
- Cashiers efficiently and with speed.
- Cashing out procedures are followed properly.
- Over/shorts on a daily basis are within plus/minus .05%.
- Has good results in "Cashier Audits."
- Takes initiative in filling condiments, napkins, and flatware.
- Clean dining room tables according to standard.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean, neat and organized.
- Performs daily cleaning tasks as assigned.
- Weekend cashier assignments are completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Participates in peer review.
- Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
- Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively, asking pertinent questions, etc.
- Communicates effectively with hospital departments and staff.
- Assists in all aspects of care if in the environment, such as dietary, housekeeping, infection control, and supply and equipment management.
- Follow all HAACCP guidelines as it relates to food temperatures, sanitation, labeling and dating.
- Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
- Help provide staff to other areas of the hospital when needed.
- Education: High School graduate or G.E.D. required. 2 years of post-high school education preferred.
- Experience: One year work experience in a position handling cash and other forms of payment is required. One year in food service or customer service area preferred.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Performs at a proficient level, all tasks within the specialty area. Able to operate all appropriate equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
Arkansas Heart Hospital - 15 months ago