Cashier - Destination XL
The primary focus of the Cashier is to be a customer service and product knowledge expert who is committed to building and sustaining a long term relationships with our customers by providing an environment that enhances the buying experience. They are accountable for helping to drive sales and profitability. Our Sales Cashiers must adhere to all company guidelines, procedures and applicable state and federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations. They must demonstrate high standards of performance and exhibit those standards. The ability to develop and maintain long term customer relationships is critical.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensure each customer is welcomed into the store in a warm and genuinely sincere manner.
- Help create and maintain a store culture focused on the customer, enhance the buying experience and build relationships that lead to long term business growth. Demonstrate detailed knowledge of all products and services. Assist Sales staff with guest interactions as necessary to ensure an exemplary guest experience.
- Positively affect profitability in the areas of customer service, sales, inventory/ expense control and risk management.
- Accurately and efficiently ring sales on registers and maintain cash/credit according to strict handling procedures.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Responsible for effective implementation of all visual merchandising standards and operational direction.
- Ensure that standards are being followed including floor sets, cleanliness, marketing, signage and sales promotion. Help create merchandise presentations and displays that have impact, are customer focused and maximize sales.
- Ensure each customer is connected to the brand by engaging him/her in our loyalty program and turning them into CMRG “fans” by encouraging return visits.
- Ensure a unique, memorable and emotional customer experience. The word “NO” is not in our vocabulary – we must strive to be the customer’s “Champion”!
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. , together with our subsidiaries, is the largest specialty retailer of big & tall men’s apparel with retail operations throughout the United States and London, England. We operate over 450 stores which include Casual Male XL retail and outlet stores, Rochester Big & Tall stores, Destination XL stores and a direct to consumer business, including catalog and e-commerce sites for B & T Factory Direct, LivingXL.com, and ShoesXL.com. The Company is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts, and its common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “DXLG.” We pride ourselves on the very best quality merchandise and top-notch customer service. We hope you consider an exciting career opportunity with us by applying today!
- Minimum of 1 year of retail experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college or university degree helpful, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, creative problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates superior customer service techniques and experience with problem/complaint resolution.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret company policies and procedures and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong basic math skills and solid computer skills.
- Ability to learn, interpret, apply and retain a variety of instructions and policies and procedures furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Applicants considered for this position will be required to pass a pre-employment assessment and may be required to pass a background check.
- The associate must regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Destination XL Group - 21 months ago