Long Beach Job Duties and Responsibilities: The Cashier position requires the employee to provide customer service while completing ticket/monetary transactions. The employee is responsible for operating equipment to determine parking fees, collecting customer payments and making change if needed. They are also responsible for completing various reports and ensuring that transactions are completed with a high level of accuracy.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Complete business transactions (tickets/revenue collection)
- Provide customer service - answer questions, provide information
- Prepare cashier reports; document all transactions
- M ake cash drops
- Report all irregular transactions
- Balance revenue to cashier reports
- Document discrepancies (lost tickets, gate malfunctions)
- Follow Special Event ticket handling procedures
- Comply with all work rules as outlined in the Central Parking handbook
- Perform any other task deemed necessary by management
Physical Requirements of Position
- Customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Good verbal communication/people skills.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Must pass a drug and criminal background check.
- High School diploma/GED preferred
Mental Requirements of Position
- Repetitive standing and sitting in a cashier's booth for an 8 hour period; may also require walking during shift
- Repetitive reaching in and out of a cashier's booth to complete customer transactions
- Manual dexterity required to operate revenue control equipment (cash register and credit card machine), make change, and complete customer transactions
- Will be confined to a cashier's booth for an extended period of time
- Exposed to various weather conditions each day
- Exposed to vehicle noise and exhaust fumes
- Requires mathematical aptitude to ensure accurate and rapid completion of parking fee transactions; must possess money handling and change-making skills
- Requires ability to communicate verbally to provide customer service
Central Parking System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.